Hey all! Don’t forget to enter the rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of the page! I’m so excited to be here at RomCon celebrating the release of Wicked Edge! The hero in Wicked Edge is Daire Dunne, who’s a tough witch enforcer on a Harley…and is totally grumpy. The heroine is a bit of a surprise. She’s a wild card who drugs Daire, steals from him, and then likes to rob banks. Of course, they’re the perfect match! They just don’t know it right away.
So, I’ve written a few blogs lately about what makes for a good hero and a good villain, but I haven’t really talked about heroines. Here are my top five characteristics of a good paranormal heroine, and more specifically, Cee Cee Jones.
1. A sense of adventure. Cee Cee is on a quest, and Daire Dunne is in her way, but her sense of adventure and willingness to take risks are what get her to her goal. Sure, drugging him is a bad idea, but you should read what she does next.
2. A good aim. Our heroines often end up in battle and need to shoot, kick, or punch the bad guy. Or sometimes she may need to take a bat to the good guy because we all know he’s an over-the-top Alpha male, and hot as they are, they need to be smacked some times. Cee Cee might not be as physically strong as Daire, but the woman knows how to kick.
3. Loyalty. A good heroine must be loyal to herself as well as to her loved ones. That was one fun thing about Cee Cee – her loyalty was so strong she was willing to do anything, and I do mean anything, to protect her family.
4. A bit of Insanity. Well, Cee Cee may be described as being batshit crazy more than once in the book, but really, who isn’t? Especially if you’re running from a ticked off Enforcer, a dangerous enemy, and your own past. At that point, blowing up a bank or island might actually be the sane thing to do. Right?
5. The ability to love. Cee Cee is a passionate woman who loves completely, and sometimes, even that can lead to disaster. But Daire Dunne has had a too organized life for too long, and a disaster or two is probably good for him. Um…right?
As for what’s up now, I’m working on a new series called Scorpius Syndrome. The first book is MERCURY STRIKING, and it releases in January. The series is post-apocalyptic, gritty, and very sexy. The hero is Jax Mercury, who’s a former L.A. gang member turned soldier, who has taken over LA to protect his small group of survivors from a bacterial infection. The heroine is Lynne Harmony, the former head of the CDC’s Infectious Disease Department. Oh, and she has a blue heart now.
BIO: New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Rebecca Zanetti is the author of over twenty-five dark paranormals, romantic suspense, and contemporary romances, including the Dark Protectors, Realm Enforcers, Sin Brothers, and Scorpius Syndrome series. She lives in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest with her own Alpha hero, two kids, a couple of dogs, a crazy cat…and a huge extended family. She believes strongly in luck, karma, and working her butt off…and she thinks one of the best things about being an author, unlike the lawyer she used to be, is that she can let the crazy out. Find Rebecca at: www.rebeccazanetti.com
Author Website: http://rebeccazanetti.com/